Thursday, September 7, 2017

Digital Sketchbook Street Rat (D)

(I just realized that I never posted these so I thought I might as well now.)

A few weeks ago we properly introduced our kids to my favorite. Any opportunity to draw this guy. No ref but of course I tried to channel @glenkeaneprd. Also, after being inspired by a quick online search, I gave him a little redesign with longer hair and a beard, which of course led to you know what. I think he rocks it.
Then I realized as I was drawing these that I did a similar study of Jasmine last year so I thought I better also put some color on these. Then I could fix a couple bits too.
And since I'm here, I might as well post these sketches I did earlier this year, inspired by the original story treatment, a lot of which was resurrected for the Broadway version:
I've actually been friends with these guys for many years, thanks to the Music Behind the Magic boxed set.
Proud of Your Boy indeed.  Character exploration for Aladdin's ma
Then I had to try her out with li'l Aladdin and meeting her future daughter-in-law.

 Like I said, any excuse to draw this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment