Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Princess

With the holidays and things being so busy, I haven't had much time for arts of late. So instead of posting about something new, I thought I'd go back to something of mine that is still fairly recent. (Hopefully I'll be starting something new quite soon...I have several things in my queue.)

Anyway, so I'm a member of deviant art and I'm a member of a few groups there, primarily Harry Potter groups. They have contests and things, and it's just a way to see what lots of people are coming up with. I don't generally participate, but when there was a contest to depict your original Hogwarts characters, I couldn't resist.

This is Fantasia Hyacinth Orchidius Splendiferousness, Princess of Flim Flammery Land. Her friends call her Roxanne
.

Okay, I readily admit that I was poking fun at the fangirl propensity to give OCs the most ridiculous names (along with equally ridiculous personality traits and histories). I just couldn't resist. Mr. G. and I did come up with some, shall we say, colorful characters for her to interact with, and they'll be popping up here at some point in the future.

Anyway, everytime I look at this I'm pleased because it just looks so FINISHED. Of course there are always things that can be poked at and adjusted, but on the whole it looks exactly how I want, especially the coloring. If I can ever come across such a giant stack of giant books, you can be sure I will sit right down on them and wait for someone to take my picture.

(Hurrah, my first post here! Seriously, we have been talking about doing this for MONTHS.)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I want to peruse the books. Is there a pea under them?

    ReplyDelete