Monday, September 29, 2014

Sunday Sketches -- Disney Un-Disneyed I (D)

People who know things about me often will know that I love a good series, especially a self-imposed one.  This year I've been doing a series of readings/drawings based on the source material (where applicable) of the Disney animated canon.  I've been meaning to post these as I go, but never found the time for whatever reason, so I'm just going to start posting them now, a few at a time.  Basically the premise of this sequence of arts is that I read the origin of each of Disney's animated movies, and then draw my own version of the main character/s, based sometimes on the time period or historical setting or whatever (usually, as it happens, on Sunday).  It is sometimes harder than I expected, because Disney seems to have designed certain characters just right, but it's still a fun and occasionally challenging project.

So then, without much ado, here's my take on the first few (done in January):
Snow White (book reviews here, here and here)

Pinocchio (book review here)

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (review here)
More to come!

1 comment: