Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jolly Olde England: A Christmas Surpreeze (D)

This isn't exactly a Sunday Sketch, though I did original draw it over a series of Sundays, as I recall.  In any case, here is one of the Christmas surprises I planned for J.  We have such fond memories of our summer in London, and I did the sketch of this back then as a sort of visual record of some of our favorite happenings there.  We have a sort of English decor in the living room, so I thought (kind of at the last moment) that this might be a nice addition, so I colored it up, framed it, and she had no idea!  That's the best kind of surprise.
For fun, here's the original sketch.  As you can see, I added a few elements for the final version.  I'm a little surprised at some of the things I left out, especially since I remember several times kind of racking my brain to think of more of our activities.  Silly me, how could I forget Big Ben?
Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. I'm glad you kept the Jolley Old England in there :) I'm sure your children will love these little pictures one day, and I'm predicting when your spec is born, there will be a massive amount of drawings of him/her too! (When DO you find out?!)

    ReplyDelete