Friday, February 1, 2013

Me Tarzan, You Jane (D)

I did these two sketches years apart, but when I was looking for arts to practice painting, I picked Jane, and then I realized I just had to paint her counterpart too, and then I smooshed them together as one.  I love this movie a lot.
The funny thing about this is that just a few days earlier I had been telling J about how the skin and hair are so much more challenging to paint than clothes, and then what do I do?  Paint a character who's almost completely skin and hair.  I do like how they both turned out though.  Thank you, Photoshop, for allowing me to adjust some issues with the original sketches!  (The proportions are still a little off here and there, but better than before, ha ha.)

For fun, here are the original sketches:
And now I have realized it's been a few posts since J has posted something.  I must stop steamrolling and give her a chance!  Hey, Wife!  Here's your chance!  Take a turn!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is awesome! (Could ya draw some Rise of the Guardians stuff?) And I lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovewatermelonloveloveloooooovveeeeeeeeeee Your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We haven't seen Rise of the Guardians yet, so not much inspiration in that direction as of now. We'll see what happens in the future.

    ReplyDelete