Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Guys' Hair (D)

A couple of semi-related recent arts:

First, a little something I did last week just because 9/11 and #manhairMonday (we're watching this Vietnam War documentary right now so it seems fitting to post). I used to think drawing guys' hair was really boring so I didn't do it very often but modern styles have convinced me it can be interesting. Which style do you like best on this patriotic fellow?
Second, I don't think I've ever drawn my brother-in-law (aka hashtag hair goals) before but when my sister posted this picture of him at the beach I thought someone better.  A lot of my manbun guy drawings end up looking kind of like him so it's funny that when I finally draw him it's with his hair down instead.
Jeph
Then I wanted to try something simpler and a little more graphic like I had originally envisioned so I did another take:
Sand texture is sandy.
Here's the original sketch.  It's really interesting to me how different his face looked once I added color.
Don't let the stern expression fool you, he's basically the nicest guy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment