Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Sketches -- Thomas Teeters Toward Termination (D)

As the Year of Hardy gradually draws to a close, I present my penultimate set of character drawings from some of Thomas Hardy's later novels.  This post features Sunday Sketches from various Sundays from November through December.  I quite enjoyed all three of these books, and they're some of his most well-known, especially the one at the bottom (isn't Tess his most famous??  I think it must be).

The Perils of Drinking, or, Oh Elizabeth-Jane, Your Life!!!
The Woodlanders (1887)
Many Main Characters, or, Beware Country Storms and Sophisticated Doctors
 Tess of the d'Urbervilles (1891)
But Really Durbeyfield (Sort Of), or, Men Are Apparently Scum
(P.S. Sorry about the title of this post, sort of. I really wanted to keep the alliteration going with this series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment