Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday Sketches -- 16 January 2011

It's time for more Sunday Sketches!  J didn't really have anything to show this week, but she'll be back next time.

This Sunday I decided it was time to stay away from drawings of characters from books or movies, and turned instead to some classic figure study, which I haven't done for a while.  It's usually preferable to draw the figure from life, from a live model if one is available, but since there wasn't one handy, for these I tried to work with interesting gestures and poses from memory.

It's nice to post some more original artwork.  Next week I think I'll do some studies on the male figure.  It's so different from the female in shape and posture, so the contrast should be interesting.  We'll see how that works out.

2 comments:

  1. I like the figures! I can't believe you can just conjure these up! Sigh. You and Julie should go do some community night classes at UVU. I think you just pay $5-10 bucks for the model fee, and your free to draw as you please. Does Julie enjoy figure drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does! She has done some in her days at school, but she, like me, has been neglecting it since we're no longer in classes. We'll surely have to look into those UVU offerings sometime.

    ReplyDelete